Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthday Cake...

I am typing this in between heaping bites of my sister-in-law's 30th birthday cake. Which is by far the best damn cake I have ever eaten...for the serious chocolate aficionado only. My slice of cake is left over from last night's festivites--her actual b-day is tomorrow {Happy Birthday Michelle!}. My sweet, sweet sister introduced me to this decadent, rich little lady {Gâteau au chocolat fondant de Nathaliea few years ago and it was love at first bite. 

The bonus here, is that the cake is flour-less...for the most part...I use a gluten free flour mix for the tablespoon of flour that the recipe calls for. My mother-in-law has Celiacs so I am always looking for great gluten-free dessert recipes for family gatherings and this has become a family favorite.  

I would like to thank Molly for posting this recipe on her blog therefore allowing my sister to share. I would like to thank Michelle for having a birthday so close to my due date and I would also like to thank my mother-in-law for baking 'the best damn cake ever'.


image via Orangette

1 comment:

  1. yum! i need to make one of those again soon.
    happy birthday to michele, and almost birth-day to you!
    love, love.

    ReplyDelete