Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks...

This year we experienced an early dose of fireworks {july 3rd} with a huge group of friends and their children...the adults were clearly out numbered. With our blankets and glow necklaces in tow we hopped a drainage ditch down to the golf course our friends live on. I loved listening to the children and experiencing the show through their cheers and excitement. The trek back up the hill was with blind stumbling feet and much laughter. It triggered a nostalgic moment from my childhood and the late night adventures that my parents had led for us. I think it's wild knowing that we are here creating the same memories for our own children. 

Here are a few of my favorites from the evening. I have been depending a lot on my Iphone lately for snapping photos. The SLR is too much to handle while wearing an infant and chasing after an almost 3 year old. I like how these images are so subtle and painterly. They sparkle! 






1 comment:

  1. How fun!! And I truly appreciate your photos {totally forgot my camera all weekend. can.not.believe.it} xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete