Monday, May 9, 2011

Food prep...

I attended a 'Stich and Bitch' a few weeks ago and while hanging with the ladies I learned about these little frozen gems by Dorot. I usually look past them while cruising the frozen food section at TJ's and during my last trip there I decicded to give them a whirl. Being the type of cook who likes to peel and crush my own fresh garlic, this concept was a bit foreign and somewhat frighting to me.  However, these days things are a little hectic at my house and I am cooking really quick and simple meals. Dorot, I am your newest fan. The best part is that you can't even tell the difference. Thanks Greta!

The photo of Stella cracks me up. Tonight while I was defrosting my frozen garlic in simmering oil, this is what was going on behind my back. Her first play session with the big brother. I can't wait to see the kind of games those two end up playing.


6 comments:

  1. I keep the basil and cilantro stocked in my freezer as well. Perfect for those off season months. Also, have you tried the 3 minute frozen penne pasta? It's so good and when you need a good quick dinner....it does not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Jennie! I have that same picture of hudson!!I will have to dig it up and email it to you! So funny. BTW, thanks for the tip on the frozen garlic! I will now try it as well. Have you used the cooked beets? I didn't even know a product existed, I have been boiling my own beets then peeling for years, a friend introduced me to the already prepared beets and it has been a life saver for quick meals! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of Stella! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I think I am going to have to try the Dorot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. youre welcome. xo. your baby is getting so big and so cute.

    ReplyDelete